Friday, May 11, 2012

Bad Week at the Gym

I had a crap week at the gym.  Both in the weight room gym and the climbing gym.  I'm just going to gripe and whine a bit, I'm afraid.

In the climbing gym I went to a "technique clinic" on Monday, and rapidly discovered that the person I talked to about it was misinformed and that the clinic was no help to me at all.  Not to say it was a bad teacher or anything, just that it was really aimed more towards the beginner than anyone else.  Not only was everything covered stuff I had learned before, it was also all stuff I had taught before.  After that I worked on some problems with little success and then a guy I knew there wanted to play add-on, which was a stupid idea because he of course promptly added on moves that were too hard for me to do.  Not much of a game.  By the end of the night I just felt weak and useless and all I wanted to do was cry.

In the weight room the week started with me missing a workout due to an impromptu meeting with the boss.  At the time I didn't think anything of it since this is the week wherein I'm supposed to do one day twice... I figured, "ah well, I guess it'll be just another 4-days on kind of week"  Then a couple of days and another impromptu meeting or two later (my boss is in a manic phase), I miss another workout.  Add to that the fact that it's now officially summer and the gym closes about 4 hours earlier than it used to and so twice I was ejected from the gym before I got everything done.

Hard not to feel like a fuckup this week...  and like a weakling....

What do you do when you miss workouts and feel weak and pathetic?

No comments:

Post a Comment