Friday, December 14, 2012

Never Enough Caffeine

I'm sitting here in a bit of a haze.

I've had a stressful chunk of time at work.  Right now, I'm waiting on seeing if the past three days, (aka, 40 work-hours and over $2000 of reagents) are successful or not.  When you're trying something new in the lab, it takes longer than it should.  When you're doing something that has a lot of money and data riding on it, it takes longer still.  I have about 39 more hours to wait until I have a good idea if this all worked, but in about an hour I'll have a crude notion.

Before I started all this, I was coming off an experiment which had me in the lab at 2 am for 4 nights running.  Sleep hasn't been something I've been doing enough of this week.

I'm trying to remind myself that it's ok that I've only been to the gym once this week, because lifting hunks of metal when  even a coffee cup feels heavy is probably not sensible.

The good news, of course, is that I've been so preoccupied with this lab crap that I'm not really thinking about how blubbery I've been feeling.

2 comments:

  1. Please ,please don't lift weights until you get some much needed sleep. You'll have an accident and that will keep you from climbing. I'm hoping things quiet down in the lab for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, I didn't have a chance to do anything but stay in the lab until Friday, and after that day was over I just went to bed early! Things should be a little quieter for a couple of weeks, at least!

      Delete